Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Good Clean Fun


Lori and Tom’s good friend came by to drop some things off for Lori. Their 11 year old son told her that his Mom was “busy” when she asked to see her. She left and called from her cell to leave a pointed voice mail… “Lori, I have to say I am rather hurt that your children still think they have to use the code word “busy” when you are not home. It makes me feel like I am a stranger to them. You had better let them know we are friends and can be trusted before we decide not to be friends”. Lori was shocked when she heard the message and immediately called to explain. Ironically she had not made it home yet and her daughter gave Lori the code words, “I’m sorry she’s busy can I have her call you back”? Lori then called her cell phone and told her friend’s cell. She was still a bit perturbed when she answered so Lori didn’t let on to the irony of her last call but did go offense a bit and gave some TMI, “Would your kids tell me if you were in the shower with your husband? We were indeed ‘busy’.”

No comments:

Post a Comment